Peanut butter banana cookies
Use the brown bananas on your counter to make these decadent and delicious cookies! The peanut butter banana combo is perfection!
All you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour– You can also use gluten-free, if you are in.
- Cocoa powder – I prefer to use regular unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Baking soda– Make sure your baking soda is fresh.
- Peanut butter– I used two types of peanut butter, one with a rich cocoa flavour and a smooth one.
- Sugar– brown sugar is prefered.
- A ripe banana – The browner the banana, the better! For ultimate sweetness!
- Sea salt – Salt in the cookies and on top! It brings out the richness of the chocolate flavour and just adds a little something extra that everyone loves.
- Egg yolk– You only need an egg yolk for this recipe, no egg white. The yolk makes the cookies rich and chewy.
- Vanilla extract- Pure vanilla extract is the best!
How to make them
- Let’s get ready to rumble! Line a baking sheet with cooking paper and preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk your dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt.
- Using a mixer, beat the peanut butter and sugars until they’re combined. Add in the banana, mix, and then the vanilla and egg yolk.
- We’re going to add in dry ingredients now, but be sure you don’t over mix! Stir them in until just combined.
- Scoop them out onto the baking sheet, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie and 2 inches apart on the pan. Gently press down on the cookie dough balls with a fork to flatten them a little. Don’t smash them down completely, just gently press.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. The outsides will be just set and the centres will still look soft. This is just right! Once you pull them out of the oven, sprinkle the top with some sea salt!
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, plus 1/4 cup choco peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana mashed (½ cup)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
These cookies are thick and soft, full of peanut butter and banana flavor, super quick and easy to make, and perfect for any occasion.
Serve to any and all cookie lovers you know!
They will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.